Monday, April 18, 2011

Shaky web

I've just bought an iOS web browser, Shaking Web, which purports to compensate for vibrations in unsteady hands, for example in a Tokyo subway car. (Sounds promising, but I'm not sure I can really see the difference, no matter what way I try to shake my iPhone 4.)

I've tried quite a few browser alternatives now, because Safari on iPad does not have tabs for some odd reason, and won't let you change text size (for shame). And every time I download a browser, I have to sign off that I'm over 17, because the web browser may show me Questionable Content... I wonder what web sites I can see on these browsers that I can't see on Apple's own Safari?!

It's an insane to "rate the content" of a web browser, that's like rating the content of a TV set itself.
The browser's page on iTunes actually says:
You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content or Nudity
Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence

Ha. I think that some people may have seen things on the web (or TV for that matter) which went beyond "mild sexual content" etc...

No comments: